The Henry Kapono Foundation
In 2018 Henry Kapono launched the Henry Kapono Foundation. The mission of the HKF is to “strive to support and strengthen our community through music and the arts and by giving with aloha”. The HKF will support the community at large with a focus on Hawai`i’s music industry & Artists.
AT THE HKF WE STRIVE TO ...
- Support the Hawai‘i community by giving with aloha;
- Support other nonprofit organizations in the Hawai‘i community and beyond;
- Perpetuate and bolster Hawai‘i's music;
- Share and instill the joy of music throughout the community;
- Partner with and support existing organizations that serve the Hawai‘i community;
- Foster and guide Hawai‘i's musicians;
- Help to make/keep music an integral part of public school curriculum;
- Inspire positive values in our keiki and community;
- Be, share and teach aloha through music; and
- Exude FUN.
THE HKF LOOKS FORWARD TO OFFERING A VARIETY OF SERVICES SUCH AS:
- Providing assistance to musicians in pursuing careers in music;
- Providing assistance to community members in meeting their goals;
- Music-centric educational programs offered to keiki through industry professionals and kupuna in the Hawai'i community;
- Sponsoring music and art-centric concerts and events to encourage social interaction in the community while offering musicians opportunities to perform;
- Partnering with community members, local businesses and other nonprofits to bring programs and offer musical and artistic services to the local community;
- Providing support within the community when a specific need is identified that is keeping with the values and mission of the Henry Kapono Foundation.